Today I want to share with you 14 strategies that are sure to help you grow your online business.
These are all techniques that I have personally used to build my business from the ground up and make more sales each month.
I’ve noticed when it comes to building an online business most people think that there is some secret formula or special trick that will get them all of the success they could ever dream of.
There isn’t though, just staying focused on bringing new leads into your funnels and providing value through good content marketing is really the best way to stay ahead in today’s fast-paced world.
Here are my top tips for generating more web traffic so you can get more leads and sell more products.
– The first step to building your brand and gaining traffic is having a blog that you update on a consistent basis.
What good does it do to build an audience if they never hear from you?
If you want them to buy anything or feel close to your brand then you need to start blogging and letting these people know who you are and what you stand for.
2. Social Media Marketing
– This one is super simple but most businesses don’t take advantage of it enough.
Don’t be afraid to post updates about yourself, your products, discounts, etc… all over social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Do you want to learn how to gain real Instagram followers?
You can even create ads that point directly at your blogs so people can check it out if they want.
3. Email Marketing
– This is the most important thing you should be doing as a marketer and business owner, obviously you need an email list.
Having a newsletter or contests to give away free products and services is a great way to keep people coming back for more and provide them with exclusive offers that only their friends on your list will know about.
– I think we can all agree that organic traffic is the best kind of traffic and the only way to get this type of traffic is by making sure search engines like Google see you as an authority in your industry so they send people looking for what you offer right to your website.
5. Video Marketing
– We live in a fast-paced world and nobody wants to read anymore, so why not post videos on YouTube about your products, training, etc.?
Not only will you build an audience but these people can share this content with their friends and help you spread the word to a much bigger pool of targeted customers.
6. Offline Marketing
– This might be the most important thing I have to say in this post because it’s usually skipped over by marketers and business owners who focus too hard on online marketing tactics like blogging and email marketing.
If I want people as my clients then I need to meet them where they are at which means going offline through cold calling or trade shows.
You don’t lose any value from talking face to face with people so why not do it?
7. Guest Blogging
– This is a great strategy to get your name out there and bring new customers into your target market because you can reach a wider audience by guest posting on popular blogs in your industry.
What I like to do is make a post that I wrote on my blog or for one of my clients and pitch it to someone influential in the industry as long as they have a big following online.
They will most likely share it if they like it and their audience might be interested so you get free traffic.
– This is another effective way to bring new people into your funnel as quickly as possible, since this uses a pay-per-click model there is no risk involved as long as you set it upright.
I would recommend using Google Adwords for this because the interface is easy to use and there are tons of people looking for what you have to offer at all times.
9. Email Signature
– You can collect a ton of leads by having a link in your email signature that points to a landing page on your site.
If someone takes the time out to write you back then they probably want to hear from you again, so why not give them an offer that’s too good to pass up?
Just make sure this is something they want or your conversions will be awful.
– We all know that selling yourself as an expert in your industry works, but what else can you sell besides products and services?
Ebooks are a great way to monetize your website because most people find value in something that they can download instantly on their phone or computer.
11. Stock Photos
– I’m the last person who would recommend buying pictures for blog posts but if you’re running ads on social media then it might work for you, especially when creating Facebook ads where the image is bigger than the profile pictures.
You can get high-quality stock photos for a few dollars on sites like iStock and Fotolia but be warned this might not be the best long-term strategy.
12. Email Marketing
– This is similar to blogging in terms of growing your business online because you are creating valuable content for people to read when they sign up to your list through an opt-in form on your website.
This way you are not only giving them value but showing them that you’re the authority in your market which will build trust with your readers over time.
13. Media Buying On Social Sites
– We all know that social media is huge but did you know that there are places where you can pay to have someone post a message about your products/services?
This is a great way to get in front of people who haven’t heard from you before and it’s non-intrusive because they chose to follow the account that posted it.
14. Referral Program
– If you have a successful business then it’s likely that people are spreading the word through their families and friends, but would this work for a new clientele?
Setting up a referral program on your website is an easy way for existing customers to keep giving you new leads while rewarding them at the same time.
You don’t need any special tricks or magic formulas, if you stick to these steps consistently over time then you will see huge success without having to rely on paid traffic or spending money at all.